Allergology and immunology
Complex diagnosis and treatment of allergies and immunity disorders. Allergy assessments (skin prick tests, atopy patch tests). Rhinomanometry for measuring of respiratory tract resistance.
You can find us here
You are treated by
Dr. Hana Daňková, M.D.
Dr. Eleni Jakovidisová, M.D.
We offer complex allergy examination:
- Interview with patient to find out anamnestic data concerning diseases in the family, work environment, home etc. Medication, present difficulties, why is the patient coming, eventually other allergic difficulties.
- Skin prick tests-to assess early type hypersensitivity for most common inhalation or food allergens. Test is based on intradermal application of the diagnostic allergen and monitoring of the reaction (the application of a drop of dg allergen on the forearm skin and the application of the material intradermally by a plastic small spear-application are painless and bloodless).
- Atopy patch tests - for an assessment of hypersensitivity of latter type for inhalation and food allergens. This test is based on an application of dg allergens to cells of a special patch, which is stuck onto the skin of the back. Allergens are in contact with skin for 48 hours, after that, the patch is removed and the first reading of reaction is done. Next reading is done after the following 24 hours. This test is mainly done when there is a suspicion of latter type of allergic reaction, mostly in atopic eczema etc., where there is a negativity of prick tests, or spI gE antibodies-we do not have the evidence of an early type of hypersensitivity, but difficulties are in casual link with the exposure to the concrete allergen. This examination, as well as skin prick tests can be done only with limited number of allergens (it is not possible to test everything reliably). The result is not always reliable when testing food.
- Prick to prick tests – to detect early hypersensitivity for food. It is a test which is similar to the classic prick tests, we do not apply drops of dg allergen on the forearm, but the test is done by application of a small spear into the risk food and then into the skin of forearm-again intradermally and bloodlessly. Samples of suspicious food are brought in by the patient.
- Spirometry examination-resting FV curve-to assess the resting ventilation parameters.
- Rhinomanometry-to assess the resistance in the nasal passages, or for an indication of further examination in more significant asymmetry of the nasal passage, and to monitor the effects of treatment etc.
- Recommendation for blood examination-immunology examination-reason-allergy and other immunopathologies (immunity disorders), examination of a differential diagnosis of allergy (other inflammations, other chronic diseases etc.).
- Recommendation for further specialized examinations-based upon the results of the above-mentioned examination-indication to an ENT examination, spirometry, rheumatology, gastroenterology examinations etc.
- Eventually recommendation of a pulmonary (respiratory) rehabilitation (kinesiological examination, relaxation of spasms-soft technique, training of correct breathing stereotypes…).
We recommend medicament treatment, education about the nature of the disease and regime measures to the patient based upon the above-mentioned examinations.
Regular check-ups allow continuous adjustment of the treatment individually for each patient.